Tencel® fibers are derived from sustainable wood sources, harvested from certified and controlled sources. Tencel® fibers are produced in an environmentally responsible closed loop production process (based on solventspinning).
• The fibers are derived from sustainable wood sources
• 99% of the water and solvents used in production are recycled and used again
• The pulp is dissolved in a non-toxic organic solvent
• The manufacturing process is reasonably low in water intensity and reasonably low in energy intensity
• The solvent is recycled in a closed-loop process which results in low emissions
• 95% of the chemicals used are recycled during production
• CO2-neutral since the production process is integrated with cellulose recovery