Recycled polyester is a material that has been recycled from used materials. The most common source of raw materials for recycled polyester is old PET bottles and raw material waste from the manufacturing industry.
- Lessens our dependence on petroleum as a source of raw materials
- Requires 33% to 53% less energy than virgin fibres
- Keeps bottles out of landfills
- Polyester fibres are extremely strong, durable and have wrinkle free properties
- It is recyclable
- Microplastics released when washed